Comfort Food...

For my family, there are few dishes that say "comfort food" more than mac and cheese. I have a simple and truly delicious recipe that I came up with. My super secret Mama D's Mac and Cheese. I wanted to share it with you, my lovely friends, so here it is. Let me know if you try it...




- 2 quarts of water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (I use 1%)
- 1/4 stick of butter, melted
- freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- about 3 cups grated sharp (or mild, whichever you prefer) Cheddar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Bring water and salt to a boil. Add pasta. Bring back to a boil and cook until al dente, 8-9 minutes. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.

In a large bowl, mix together eggs, half and half, melted butter, salt and pepper (to taste). Stir in 2 cups of the cheese and add the pasta. Spray an 8 x 8 inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Add half of the remaining cheese to the bottom of the pan, spread it out as a layer over the bottom. Add the pasta mixture. Top with remaining cheese. You can dust the top with paprika, if you like.

Bake until the cheese is golden and bubbly, approximately 45 minutes. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Ooooo, yay! Always looking for great mac and cheese recipes! Thank you, Mama D! xo

Learning Spanish at 41 said...

love. mac-n-cheese. anytime. anyplace...thanks!!

Unknown said...

my kiddos would love that, i'll have to give it a whirl! thanks mama d :) xo

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Thanks, ladies :)

Let me know how you like the recipe. It's quick and easy which is a big plus, and it's just as yummy the next day (if it lasts that long).

xo