I'm Back...

Hello lovely friends! I'm back from my wonderful vacation and I missed you. Thank you to all of the sweethearts who left me such dear messages while I was gone. I truly appreciate each and every one of them.


Our trip was relaxing, the weather was brilliant, and we made many happy memories (and took lots of pics) which I will share with you here in various posts.

There were not many mishaps, but there were a couple of fairly major ones. The first day of our vacation, my husband's computer died. Actually, his motherboard fried. After the initial panic and dread subsided, he found a computer troubleshooter in Mammoth. They managed to retrieve an important presentation he had been slaving over for the past two weeks. Luckily, he had backed up everything on his computer just two weeks ago so the only major item he needed to retrieve was that presentation. So a happy ending to that story...

The second fairly major mishap (in my opinion, anyway) was the demise of Josephine. Josephine was my beloved fishing pole. She'd caught many a fish for me in the years I've had her. We happened upon the most beautiful lake, Lake Tioga, which is between Mammoth and Yosemite. I saw the perfect spot to fish and was making my way over to it by climbing an incline with lots of rocks, large and small. I lost my footing (I've never been the most graceful girl around, I've actually had some epic falls in the past) and did a sort of minor fall/slide, landing with a thud on...Josephine. The fall snapped off her reel, but the rod is fine, and I have a reel-shaped bruise on my right hip along with a scraped right elbow, no serious injuries. Never fear, my dears, this also has a happy ending...


The boy made his way over and perched on that perfect flat rock I had spotted and preceded to catch four gorgeous rainbow trout. They were the first fresh water fish he had ever caught, even though he'd had numerous tries over the years. So it was a very special and delightful day after all.

{Our boy at that perfect flat rock fishing spot.}

It's good to be back home, sleeping in our own beds along with all the other comforts of home, although I'm a bit sad that our vacation is over. When you have children, you start counting down how many summer vacations you have left with them before they're all grown up. The way I see it, I only have maybe 5 summers left with the boy. Bittersweet thoughts...

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Welcome home! RIP, Josephine. :( Yay for first fish! Oy, I'm so homesick looking at your wonderful photos. I'm glad you had such a great time. Those five more summer vacations will be the stuff of legends. xo

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Thank you, Brenda! I'm sorry I made you homesick...I have to say that you had a lovely setting to grow up in. You must have so many special memories. I can just imagine growing up in that magnificent area of the world.

As far as the next five summer vacations...I think you're right :)
xo

Unknown said...

i'm glad you had fun, your pictures are wonderful. glad you're home safe & sound. xo