Ode to Spring...

I Meant To Do My Work Today
by Richard Le Gallienne

I meant to do my work today,
But a brown bird sang in the apple tree,
And a butterfly flitted across the field,
And all the leaves were calling me.

And the wind went sighing over the land,
Tossing the grasses to and fro,
And a rainbow held out its shining hand--
So what could I do but laugh and go?





I Meant to Do My Work Today is one of my favorite springtime poems. You may be thinking it's too early for my annual Ode to Spring tribute, but here in southern California, things are hopping. Nature-wise, I mean. Birds are tweeting, buds are bursting, the grass is growing greener and greener, the sun is shining, the days are growing longer...It's getting closer and closer to full-fledged Springtime.

I wanted to share some photos I took early this morning around our backyard. Our peach tree started to bloom last week, a few roses are coming up and the succulents are very happy, waiting to be planted....I think I'll put the succulents in little pots and set them out back on the patio tables...what do you think about that idea?

Thank you for dropping in, dear ones...xo

2 comments:

The F Word Online said...

aw these are beautiful. i cannot WAIT for springtime

xx lue

Ngan {eNVe Designs} said...

your yard is full of lovelies! and I'm so jealous of your springtime weather! there's still snow on the ground here.. but at least it's melting a little. :)