Whatcha readin'...?


Happy Sunday, wonderful friends! How is your day going? I hope you're having a fabulous weekend...

Are you reading a good book these days? I'd love to hear what you're reading; if you want to share...I absolutely love to read. Always have. I spent a large portion of my childhood summers inside a library.

I'm always in the midst of at least two books. I just bought "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" by Stieg Larsson. I've read his first two and cannot wait to begin this, his third and last in the series.

I've been pretty busy today with odds and ends. Among other things, I baked two batches of biscotti - one cranberry pistachio and one blueberry almond. Part of the batch will go to our new neighbors as a little welcome-to-the-neighborhood gesture.

The sun is shining and unfortunately, the wind is whipping. I'm not a big fan of the wind. It's a gorgeously bright, blue sky kind of day though and we will be going on our daily beach walk this afternoon.

I want to thank you for taking time out of your day to visit me....xo



7 comments:

Ana said...

I just finished reading "Shanghai Girls" by Lisa See which I really enjoyed. I have some girly novel up next, sometimes I need something airy and fun when I'm too stressed out.

Unknown said...

i love biscotti :) sounds wonderful! right now i'm reading nothing, isn't that terrible? just haven't had the time. enjoy your night! xo suz

Ivy Lane said...

YUMMMM! biscotti... and good strong coffee..my faves... not reading anything except my shelter magazines... I read "The Help" on vacation in Feb.. THAT was great book as my Grandmother and "help".. was so interesting, good story line... a great read!!

Hope your weekend is /was.. grand!

alexkeller said...

oh, i'd love to come by for coffee and your biscotti!
i have 2 books in my kindle that i want to be reading - The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls and Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin

24 Corners said...

You would be the best neightbor...and one of these days, I'd love to try your biscotti...recipe??? Or better yet, the you coming over idea and baking some in the new oven ...yeah, that one!

For the first time in four years I have the desire to get lost in a book or three, and my first are going to be "Story of a Soul" by St Therese of Lisieux, "Slow Love" by Domique Browning and "Letters of Flannery O' Connor". Can't wait to get started...

Hope you had a lovely walk that wasn't too windy! xxoo

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Thanks, lovely ladies, for commenting. I will make a note of each and every book you girls mentioned. I haven't read any of them. Yippee - new reading recommendations!

You are the best...xoxo

P.S. You are all invited to a coffee/biscotti get-together at my house!

Waterrose said...

I'm reading The Shipping News. I saw the movie many years ago, but someone told me the book was very different, even more so then usual. I'm about 1/4 thru and it really is different. I'm also reading Quicksilver, which is a very involved long read. Waiting in the wings are Drood and Postcards....