Just peachy...


Peaches as far as the eye can see....Above is a photo of my countertop yesterday after picking peaches off our little tree. It's so loaded down, the branches are drooping, and the poor little tree looks like it's in pain.

About half of these peaches aren't even ripe, but they were all in such tight bunches that if one peach was picked, three others fell off. I had to do it though. The dang Peach Thief has been traipsing boldly up and down the branches, nibbling here, munching there and generally leaving a wasteful trail of half-eaten peach havic at every turn.

He's basically become my Nemesis.

Anyway, I digress...As soon as enough of these peaches ripen up, it's Mama D's peach cobbler time! I wish you could come by and join me for cobbler and coffee...

Have a beautiful Sunday, and thank you for visiting...xo

7 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

I totally envy your easy access to peaches. Our local farmers market did not even have a good selection...maybe in a few weeks...

yours look wonderful!

Ivy Lane said...

Such a great summery photo... Is "summery" a word? hahaa!! Peach cobbler sounds wonderful!! I bring the coffee!!!

Wear Your Wild said...

I bet your house smells good! I love putting up peaches and having them sitting on the counters ripening. We don't have a tree, but buy them from a local orchard.
Let me know what time to show up for the cobbler. I'll bring the ice cream. Homemade.

Unknown said...

Love the photo, alas the squirrels have ruined my picking plans again this year. To market I must go...

Waterrose said...

getting the vanilla bean ice cream ready...

24 Corners said...

That is quite a bounty of peaches!Thank goodness the little thief left some of those beauties for you. I wonder if he'll try to get into your house tonight...
My mom's "little thief" has been stealing all of her meyer lemon babies...she only has two left now out of eleven! =/

I bet your peach cobbler is delish! What time??? :d
xo J~

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Yay, girls! You're all invited - my place, next Sunday. Ivy Lane's bringin' coffee and BlackStar and Waterrose are bringin' ice cream...

Thank you all for your lovely comments, I truly appreciate them!

xoxo