A Sense of Place...



from her A Sense of Place series


I've loved this photo by Susana Graph of Eudora Welty's Kitchen ever since I first laid eyes on it.  There's something about the way the light hits the scrubbed surfaces, or perhaps it's the window and the built-in cabinets.  I don't know exactly what it is about this photograph, but it makes me feel an overwhelming sense of nostalgia, happiness and well-being.

I hope you are enjoying this Sunday.  Thank you so much for visiting me...xo



.

5 comments:

24 Corners said...

Such a beautiful and peaceful image...I think Ivy's latest image is right outside this window, both very dreamy!
Love the pink curtains, the mounted can opener, the built-in and the enamel table...pretty much the whole thing!

Welcome home...xo J~

Ivy Lane said...

great photo... reminds me of my Grandma's kitchen... I can almost smell the chicken soup!!! ART in the best way!! to evoke such sense..love it!

Glad you are back!

Caroline said...

I completely agree with you!! I love the cabinets and the way the light hits the kitchen!

luciwallis said...

Such a beautiful shot. I love photos of kitchens, I guess since I spend so much time in mine! Hope your summer is going well.
Bristol

Unknown said...

this is beautiful, nostalgice, reminds me of my grandmothers. xo suz