11 (actually 12) for '11...

..;;.

/


hi there, sweet friends...the idea of this post is to list my 11 aims for 2011, but alas, i have 12 for '11.  and why not, right?  the more, the better.  i think they speak for themselves.  these 12 hopes for '11 are always with me and have been for years.  it's a philosophy, you might say.  i'm not one who feels new year resolutions are necessarily a good idea.  i don't buy into them because i feel that many times, they are just setting us up for disappointment, or we make unreasonable resolutions just because it's january 1st. 

my belief is to live for today and if it's a new leaf you want to turn, today (no matter the date) is the best day to begin....

laughter
love
health
music
imagine
create
nature
hope
read
learn
innovate
listen

do you have certain goals for 2011, dear ones?  i'd love to hear what they are, if you feel like sharing...

i hope the new year brings you much love, laughter, good health and prosperity!

for the first time this year, i want to thank you.  thank you for visiting, and

thank you for being you...xo




/

6 comments:

Ana said...

Happy new year, Dennice!

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Happy New Year to you too, darling Ana! Wishing you every success and happiness. You deserve it.

xo

Jayne said...

Standing on my head. (It's a gravity thing.) Happy 2011. Inspiration abounds...

A Perfect Gray said...

gal, thanks so much for your lovely comment.I really appreciate your thinking of me...the poem you sent was lovely - just the right words at the right time.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to reach out to me.

Happy New Year and all my best! love, donna

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Jayne ~ What a lovely surprise to have you as a new friend. Thank you for your comment and Happy New Year!

Donna ~ I think of you every day. Wishing you all the best and a year filled with love.

xo xo

24 Corners said...

Love your list and the no resolution idea...which is how I've started my year...just taking it all in and trying my best enjoying, appreciating and living with whatever is set before me.

There's a *great* movie called "A New Leaf" with Walter Matthau...have you seen it? It's so cute, and fitting for this time of year.
xoxo J~